ES Finance and Administration Relief Training Program
BMV together with Department of Education and Training, Financial Services Division are providing Education Support Finance and Administration Relief Training Program. In 2020 the courses will be held in Mildura, Aberfeldie, Newborough and Dandenong. Please be advised that applications are now closed for the ES Relief Program for Terms 1 & 2, 2020.
AIM OF THE PROGRAM
The aim of the program is to provide training in school administrative systems to allow a relief pool of staff to cover short term employment in schools at short notice.
This course is not suitable for people looking for full time employment in schools.
Applicants must be prepared to:
- Attend all components of the program which includes 7 days of training and complete the 70 hours’ work experience. There will also be online reading, modules and assessments to do.
- Attend an interview which will be conducted and complete a word processing and internet test before being accepted for the course.
- Complete online learning modules and reading material prior to the commencement of the face to face training. Online modules, assessment and reading will also form part of the training during the course.
- Gain experience in all school settings including secondary, primary and special schools during the work experience stage, in all facets of school administration and finance and work in a relief/emergency capacity for schools once you have completed the training.
- Be available for short term employment at short notice. It is advisable that all applicants should be working no more than two days per week in other employment.
- On successful completion of the program, trainees will be added to the relief list which will be distributed to all schools, training centres and School Finance Liason Officers.
WORK EXPERIENCE COMPONENT
It is a requirement of the Program, that applicants complete 70 hours work experience in schools. In order to assist with this, a list of host schools will be provided to trainees. We recommend you contact the Business Manager at your choice of host schools during your training to negotiate dates and times for the commencement of your work experience. It is important that you spend time at a mix of primary, secondary and specialist settings. There is no cost for the training days if accepted into the program.
How you accumulate the 70 hours is your decision. There may be times and days that are mutually acceptable to both you and the host school, but the choice is essentially yours and to be negotiated with each different school.
In order for you to gain as wide an experience as possible and consolidate your training experience, we expect:
- Maximum time in any one school to be no more than 20 hours. (You may do more hours than 20, but only 20 will be counted towards your 70)
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CHECK (WWC)
A person cannot volunteer or be employed in a school without a WWC Check having been completed. Information on how to apply is available from.
Successful applicants must obtain a Check under the ‘employment category’.
CRIMINAL RECORDS CHECK
If you are successful in applying for the training, a Criminal Records Check will also be required (details will be provided on acceptance) before commencing work experience. The Department of Education & Training will NOT accept any Commonwealth or State police clearance of a generic nature e.g. Victorian Police Certificate. You will be required to pay for the cost of the criminal records check.
For further details on this program, please contact:
Latest edition of ADDING VALUE now uploaded to members page
Business Managers Victoria produces 8 newsletters annually.
Please sign in order to read the latest copy located under the Members Only Tab.