Business Managers Victoria Inc (BMV) is a professional association with membership in excess of 900 members throughout Victoria. We offer Education Support staff who perform the Business, Administration, Finance or Personnel Management in a Victorian Government School the opportunity to be part of an Association in touch with the needs of its members.
BMV is an association of Business Leaders in state schools, strategically leading and inspiring high-quality professional practice, effective advocacy, communication and collaboration.
To raise the profile of all Business Managers as business leaders in education, recognising their exceptional leadership, dedication and professionalism. To promote the highest standards of school business practices through professional learning, qualifications and effective management of resources to improve student performance.
Accountability | Excellence | Integrity | Inclusion
- Raise awareness of the role and responsibilities of the Business Manager as professional school leaders.
- Increase and strengthen financial partnerships to support further professional growth.
- Develop and promote professional standards for school business leaders.
- Provide opportunities to participate in high level, structured and innovative professional learning opportunities.
We are proactive and advocate with the DET for and on behalf of members.
Inter-professional links with our Principals’ Associations VPA, VASSP, State Schools Relief (SSR) and School Council organisations School Governance Australia Ltd (SGAL) and Greater Schools Network continues to strengthen our stakeholder collaborations.
BMV Professional Learning opportunities for members:
- State-wide General Meeting in March and State-wide Annual General Meeting in October.
- Annual Residential Leadership Conference including ‘Small Schools Scholarships for small and rural school Business Managers proudly sponsored by our Business Partners, BankFirst and Camp Australia.
- Annual Mentor Program – Formal program (four day face-to-face program) each year
- Leadership Programs
- VMIA Annual Innovation Award scholarship ($7,500)
- Annual Collegiate Recognition Award ($1,000)
- Three Professional Learning scholarships awarded at conference ($1,000; $500; $250)
- Member Surveys
Our affiliation with the national Australian Association of Government School Administrators (AAGSA) supports sharing good practice and knowledge with our national colleagues. We continue to work together to raise the Business Manager profile at the national level, and highlight the impact we can and do provide as part of the school leadership teams, supporting student learning outcomes in our schools.
The BMV has extensive links with international Business Manager Organisations in the UK, South Africa, New Zealand, USA and Canada. We are affiliated with ASBO International and organisations in the UK.
Promoting opportunities for Business Manager (and aspiring Business Manager) university qualifications including Deakin University Education Business Leadership Graduate Certificate qualification and Cert 4 in Business.
Our membership has grown in excess of 800 members, as Business Managers and Education Support Staff realise the many benefits of being a member. Our growing membership base enables improved opportunities for communication with our peers and increases our influence with DET when dealing with current issues.