EDUCATION SUPPORT FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
RELIEF TRAINING PROGRAM 2022
AIM OF THE PROGRAM
The aim of the program is to provide training in school administrative systems to allow a relief pool of staff to cover short term employment in schools at short notice. This course is not suitable for people looking for full time employment in schools.
Applicants must be prepared to:
- Attend all components of the program which includes online and face to face training, graduation day and complete the 70 hours’ work experience. There will also be online reading, modules and assessments to do.
- Attend an interview and complete a word processing and internet test before being accepted for the course.
- Complete online learning modules and reading material prior to the commencement of the face-to-face training. Online modules, assessment and reading will also form part of the training during the course.
- Gain experience in all school settings including secondary, primary and special schools during the work experience stage, in all facets of school administration and finance and work in a relief/emergency capacity for schools once you have completed the training.
- Be available for short term employment at short notice. It is advisable that all applicants should be working no more than two days per week in other employment.
- On successful completion of the program, trainees will be added to the relief list which will be distributed to all schools, training centres and School Finance Liaison Officers.
- Forest Hill
DOWNLOAD YOUR APPLICATION FORM
The BMV Mentoring Program is designed for current Business Managers and people aspiring to the position of Business Manager. The program addresses important issues such as leadership and succession planning using high-quality presenters.
WHAT IS MENTORING?
- A deliberate pairing of a more skilled or experienced person with a lesser skilled or experienced person, with the agreed upon goal of having the lesser skilled person grow and develop in their competencies.
- A two-way professional collegiate partnership which contributes to the growth and development of both partners.
- Goes beyond buddying, coaching, and counselling and moves towards a deeper partnership in working together creatively developing professional and personal growth.
- Helps to make skills and experience inter-generational.
- Creates satisfaction and enjoyment in the workplace.
- Gives us the opportunity to leave a legacy.
- Cloning or becoming a substitute parent.
- An alternative to counselling or confessional relationship
- For those who lack an action-based commitment to excellence and the high standards and expectations of the profession,
- For those who are not willing to confront their own limitations.
- For those who are uncomfortable with the multiple dimensions of diversity in schools.
- A job – mentoring is a privilege and an opportunity to share work experience.
The purpose of the program is to offer training to Business Managers so that they can support newly appointed Business Managers, aspiring Business Managers, current Business Managers or Business Managers who are returning to the role following an extended absence.
The program aims to foster and encourage a spirit of self-reliance among Mentees and is not about training them to perform the specific duties or tasks associated with being a Business Manager.
The goal of the program is to assist participants in developing the necessary leadership skills and competencies, as well as develop a wider understanding of the Business Manager role and its newly emerging directions.
The Mentor Program application process.
This program has provided valuable support to many new and aspiring Business Managers and I urge you to consider applying for a Mentor or Mentee position for the next program. Our previous program participants will be happy to discuss the program with you and provide any assistance with completing your Mentor or Mentee profile form.
Why do we need you to complete the Profile form? to gather information about you, what you want to achieve from participating in this program and to help us to match the mentor partnerships. We hope you do not find the process onerous; it isn’t designed to create extra work for you. We are happy for you to use dot points when filling in your profile, it provides us with an opportunity to understand your needs from the program and your partnership. Remember there are no right or wrong answers, we are interested in you!
The program cohort is small – we try to keep the program at no more than 10 – 12 partnerships, to be able to provide you with a better outcome. It does not matter if you work in a primary, secondary, special developmental, senior college or multi campus school, each partnership determines what their focus will be and sometimes during the journey the focus changes and that is okay too!
Mentor Program Application & Information
This year we are presenting the Mentor/ Mentee program in a slightly different format with a new presenter. This program has been developed with June Weir and is designed for new business managers to connect with a mentor to improve their skills and provide support. The dates and content are listed below. I have attached the application form for a mentee to complete. There is no pre-requisite to participate. The feedback from this program over many years has been extremely positive with participants gaining new skills and knowledge. Please contact Nancy (email@example.com) or Bromwyn (Bromwyn.Minihan@education.vic.gov.au) if you have any questions. We look forward to receiving your applications.
Mentor Program Overview
Venue: Deakin University, Downtown which is next to Southern Cross station in Melbourne.
Sessions: Start at 8.30am and conclude at 3.30pm.
Leadership Tools – resolving conflict not just managing it… interpersonal skills (this will incorporate difficult and challenging conversations (morning session)
Merit Protection Board (afternoon session)
Governance – PAL (morning session)
Financial accountability and Integrity moment (afternoon session)
PDP – smart goals (morning session)
Writing Skills (afternoon session)
Qualifications – how important they are – building our capacity as leaders (Deakin Uni representative) morning session
Summary of program (mentor and mentees to speak and present their project)
DOWNLOAD YOUR APPLICATION FORM
2022 Mentor Program Note:
Enrolments will commence in term two 2022.
Application form link and confirmed 2022 dates will be distributed soon.